Minutes Yorkshire & Humberside Region 07/11/17

Committee Meeting 07 November 2017

YPO Wakefield

Present:

Jo Webster (JW)                         Regional Chair

Joanne Campbell (JC)          Regional Secretary/National Councilor

Jill Northrop (JN)                       Regional Treasurer

Nick Parker (NP)

Haydon Hendry (HH)

Peter McGrath (PMG)                

John Plant (JP)

Damien O’Brien (DOB)

Paul Skelton (PS)

Alan Drayton (AD)

Not Attending

Janet Sylvester (JS)           Regional Vice Chair

Jill Northrop (JN)                       Regional Treasurer

Steve Hibbert (SH)

Robert Clark (RC)

Kath Breckon (KB)

Sally Williamson (SW)

Item

Action

80/17

Welcome:

From  Jo Webster - Chair of the Yorkshire and Humberside Region

JW

81/17

Apologies: JS JN SH SW  RC KB

82/17

Minutes of Previous Meeting:

Held on 27 09 17 were accepted as a true and accurate record of the meeting

ALL

83/17

Matters Arising from 27 09 17

N/A

JC

84/17

Committee Structure:

Yorkshire and Humberside:

Jo Webster (JW)                  Regional Chair

Janet Sylvester (JS)                        Regional Vice Chair

Joanne Campbell (JC)      Regional Secretary / 

                                           National Board Rep

Jill Northrop (JN)                 Regional Treasurer

Peter McGrath (PMG)      

Nick Parker (NP)

Sally Williamson (SW)       

Steve Hibbert (SH)

Damien O’Brien (DOB)

Haydon Hendry (HH)

John Plant (JP)

Robert Clark (RC)

Paul Skelton (PS)    

Alan Drayton (AD)

Kath Breckon (KB)

85/17

Treasurers Report

JN still chasing a lot of outstanding invoices, sponsors have not paid for the AGM in March. Middleton’s have not paid for the Wildlife Park in June

JN

86/17

National Councillor Report

Mothing to report next Board meeting 16 11 17

JC

87/17

Evaluation of EXPO

Not as many delegates attending as last year

Noted Elygra didn’t send out the invitations early enough. 

No use emailing in September for an October event.

No reminders or follow ups

May ned to look at a  different venue – Racecourse  becoming very expensive

Look at having a northern EXPO with the North West

Need to meet with Nigel from Elygra JW to arrange a meeting she will email the date to everyone if anyone would like to attend

Need to find out if we have a SLA with Elygra or do LACA  Nationally?

Need to list down the issues we are not happy with and look for a way forward

Could join with the  YPO EXPO  although in 2018 it is in June which is very close to the Main Event

JW

JP

88/17

Christmas Social Event  24 11 17

Only 35 tickets sold and no one from HCA has booked

Charity raffle for Action for Children

Damien to send information to Robert.

DOB / RC

89/17

Committee Christmas Meeting and Event

Paul Booked a room for 3:00pm – needs to confirm venue.

PS

90/17

AGM & Professional Standards Event 14 March 18

Need to confirm with Rational that the event  can be held at York Racecourse and also the committee meeting on 24/01/18

Jo still waiting for Rational to get back to her

Possible sponsors

Empire Dogs

Santa Maria

Willow Brook fine  Foods

YPO

Batley’s

If any of the committee know contacts at these company’s could you please liaise to ask about sponsorship. PMG to contact Rick Williams at  Batley’s

Speakers Mark Davis ISS on the Professional  Standards

Joanne to  contact Jacqui & Lisa at Notts City

Highfields  to speak on the Apprenticeship levy JW  to  contact

Joanne to invite Tim as Chair and Michael as Vice Chair to either the AGM or  Summer event

Oakhill to be invited to January committee meeting

JW

PMG

JC

JW

JC

91/17

Mid Summers Day Event

21 06 17

Theme around Holiday Hunger

Possible speakers

Lindsay Graham

Sharon Hodgson

Fair Share Yorkshire –PMG to contact

Try to get someone who runs a food bank  to speak John may know someone

Possible  venues

Deliciously Yorkshire   - John to contact

Normanby Hall  Nick to contact

PMG

JP

NP

92/17

Charity Raffles

At the EXPO raised £350 this has been paid awaiting receipt

Action for Children chosen Charity for the Social Event at Christmas

93/17

Awards  Ceremony

To be incorporated into the  EXPO in October 

  • Primary Caterer (cook / supervisor or kitchen manager)
  •  
  • Team of the Year

JS   to lead if possible as she has experience  of organising Doncaster’s  event

JS

94/17

NSMW & Marathon

Marathon event to take place in Y & H region on 16 November 17.

PS to attend on the day on behalf of committee

PS

95/17

Committee Focus

To enter for Region of the Year award for 2018

Focus on increasing Membership and

Possible awards ceremony  to be part of EXPO event for 3 category’s 

  • Primary Caterer (cook / supervisor or kitchen manager)
  •  
  • Team of the Year

JS   to lead if possible as she has experience  of organising Doncaster’s  event

ALL

JS

96/17

Catering Awards & Competitions

All to feedback if aware of any and any entrants from

Y & H region

SCOTY

Final 8/9th March 2018

Y & H Regional Final 22/11/17 at Doncaster college. JS to be Regional  coordinator

Entries from Doncaster, Rotherham, North Yorkshire, Bradford

NE  & Scotland Final also  to  be  held  on the same  day same venue

JS and JC attending regional final

All

JS

97/17

LACA Website

Any good news story’s to be sent to Dewberry Redpoint for the website

Nick to  send  info  to Jo  Webster  re visit and dinner for  Nicky  Morgan

All

NP  / JW

98/17

24 11 17

Joint Christmas Social Event with NACC & HCA

Holmfield Arms

Wakefield

£25 partners may be invited

HH producing flyer  - Tribute Act ‘Rat Pack’ and ‘Michael Buble’ inc Premier Inn for overnight stay

Cheques Payable to  LACA Y & H Region

08 12 17

Committee Meeting &

Christmas Lunch

3:00pm Leeds

Mojo Bar Booked 5:00pm

Meeting before - venue to be confirmed 3:00pm PS to arrange

24 01 18

Committee Meeting

Venue: York Race course

JW to book

14 03 18

AGM  

Venue:

York Racecourse to book

JW  to book Racecourse

Oakhill communications to be invited to future meetings

Also Chair and Vice Chair

Focus on professional standards

Jacqui and Team to speak -  JC to confirm with Jacqui

Mark Davis ISS to Speak

Over view of NSMW

Food to be donated

JC to ask John for Fruit & Veg

Robert and Paul to provide protein items

28 03 18

Committee Meeting

Venue: TBC

16 05 18

Committee Meeting

Venue: TBC

06 06 18

YPO Food Event Venue Cedar Court Hotel

Y&H Committee to have a free stand

21 06 17

Summer Event

Midsummer Dream

Possible Venue

Normanby Hall North Lincs

NP to obtain prices

John to obtain prices  for  Deliciously Yorkshire

Theme around Holiday Hunger

Possible speakers

Lindsay Graham

Sharon Hodgson

Fair Share Yorkshire –PMG to contact

Try to get someone who runs a food bank  to speak John may know someone

04 07 18

Committee Meeting

Venue: TBC 

EXPO 2018

10th October ?

31 10 18

Committee Meeting

Venue: TBC 

07 12 18

Committee Meeting &

Christmas Lunch

Attendance at Committee Meeting

The committee decided that a committee member should attend a least 50% of  committee meeting throughout the year from the AGM onwards

AOB

PMG to Chair meeting on Holiday Hunger  in House of Commons on 21 11 17

Child Poverty Bill -  Frank Field  leading

PS

JW

JW

JC

JC

Discuss at next meeting

99/17

Thank you to all Jo for organising the venue and to YPO for hosting

All

Created: 
29/11/2017 - 12:29