HCL school caterers honoured at awards ceremony
All 36 shortlisted nominees, and those who nominated them, attended the Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony hosted by Paul Martin, a ‘master magician and mind reader’, a member of the Magic Circle AIMC with Silver Star.
The 14 category awards were presented to those who had provided ‘outstanding’ service and showed initiative, innovation and creativity in their role.
Ian Hamilton, Chief Executive of HCL and a member of this year’s judging panel, said: “I’d like to thank everyone and congratulate the winners for their commitment and dedication and for making HCL such an inspiring company to be involved with. We have so many talented staff at HCL, I am proud of every single one of them.
“Our staff are our greatest asset; they have a great passion for what they do and have a huge commitment to the schools they work with. Our awards ceremony is just one of the ways we celebrate them and the outstanding contribution they make.”
The award winners were:
- Chef Manager of the Year (Secondary School) sponsored by MorBeans – Charlotte Theophani, The Reach Free School
- Secondary / Academy Catering Team of the year sponsored by Love Joes – Tring School
- Operational Manager sponsored by Bidfood – Kirsty Yearsley, HCL
- Special Contribution Award sponsored by Hobart UK – HCL Mobilisation Team
- Mobile Workforce Award sponsored by W.V. Howe Limited – Carrie Tyson, HCL
- Delivering Service Excellence sponsored by Premier Foods – HCL Commercial Operations Team
- Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region A sponsored by UK Foodhall – Skyswood Primary and Nursery School
- Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region B sponsored by McCain – The Cranbourne Primary School
- Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region C sponsored by Unilever – Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery
- Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools), Region A sponsored by Histon Produce – Kelly Ferry, St Michael’s Woolmer Green School
- Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools), Region B sponsored by Quorn – Virginia Hussey, Northaw C of E Primary School
- Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools), Region C sponsored by Green Gourmet – Joanne Butcher, Bushey and Oxhey Infants School
- HCL Partner of the Year sponsored by HCL- Lawrence More, Willis Jenkins Commercial Kitchen Design & Supply Solutions
- HCL Outstanding Recognition Award - sponsored by HCL – The Reach Free School and Oak View Primary and Nursery School