LACA names two wildcards for SCOTY 2021 competition
The competition aims to show the high quality of school meals and the contribution they make to the health and wellbeing of children.
During the South West regional final a runner up place was awarded to Jenifer Brown from Sarum Academy, operated by Atalian – a Servest Company.
For her main course Brown created a butternut squash and parsnip risotto with chargrilled Quorn, Italian cheese and parsnip crisps. For dessert she made apple crumble filled brandy snap with a citrus cream and cinnamon-soaked sultanas.
Wendy Lohse was the runner up in the South East regional final. She cooked shredded Quorn on a filled tortilla topped with pickled onions, served with rice, beans and salsa for her main course. For dessert she made a classic strawberry cheesecake with triple the fruity flavour.
The two wildcards join the nine regional SCOTY champions to reach the national final, which will take place on 12-13 October at the LACA Main event.
The regional winners include:
- London winner: Raheem Morgan from Cooper Lane Primary School (Chartwells Lewisham)
- North East & Scotland winner: Karen Bevan from Stromness Primary School
- North West winner: Claire Malcolm from Mossfield Primary School (Salford City Council)
- South West winner: Rob Finch from Budmouth Academy (IFG Cucina)
- East Midlands winner: Mathew Bennett of Sponne School (Impact Food Group)
- West Midlands winner: Lee Taylor of John Gulson Primary school (Academy, an Atalian Servest Company)
- East of England winner: Rob Chambers from Hampton College (IFG Cucina)
- Yorkshire & Humberside winner: Becky Crossley from York High School (North Yorkshire County Council)
- South East winner: Alex Moody from Park Community School