LACA searching for exemplary schools to take part in Main Event
LACA want to showcase a couple of schools that are ‘inspirational’ and can be used as an exemplary example to others. This may include some or all of the following:
- Have a higher meal uptake than the average standard in both paid and/or free school meals.
- Can demonstrate collaborative working between the school/classroom and kitchen.
- Have a whole school approach and maybe treating the lunch service as the 9th lesson.
- Provide an extended catering service beyond the lunch period.
- Teach children how food is grown through the use of allotments/growing clubs/working with other organisations etc.
If you have a school you would like to suggest, please email email@example.com the school name and contact details.